Every year around 4th of July, everything, from our mani-pedis to our desserts, turns red, white, and blue. But before you reach for the food coloring, how about whipping up an ultra-healthy and naturally patriotic chia pudding? It will satisfy your craving for something sweet, but it’s totally vegan and won’t fill you with empty calories. What’s more, it’s super-simple to prepare, and is the perfect festive treat for your holiday barbecue!
- 5-6 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 2 cups coconut yogurt (or Greek yogurt if not vegan)
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- 2 Tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Pour the coconut milk into a large jar and add the chia seeds. Stir to combine and add the yogurt.
- Stir very thoroughly, as the chia seeds tend to form clumps, which is a big no-no! You might also want to give the jar a good shake.
- Seal the jar and chill in the fridge for a minimum of four hours, preferably overnight.
- Place the raspberries and agave syrup in a bowl and mash lightly.
- Stir the chilled chia pudding, then add an even layer in little glasses. A jar funnel will help keep things neat!
- Add a layer of the raspberries and spoon some more chia pudding over them.
- Top with fresh blueberries and serve immediately.
Happy Independence Day!